[Home][2022 Index] [TCML] Re: Termination of secondary coil [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Re: Termination of secondary coil

I took a different approach, soldering the wires to a brass press-fit
1/4-20 threaded insert in both top and bottom 1/2" thick disks.  I've done
this on both pine and Lexan disks.  I think on the pine disks, I used epoxy
as well as press-fit on the inserts.  The threaded inserts serve both as a
mechanical and electrical attachment to the top-load and lower base
assembly, and this way there are literally no loose ends.

The inserts I used were found at work but are similar to
https://www.ebay.com/itm/292166989534?epid=2242025731&hash=item44068276de:g:VV8AAOSwyXFatmrx

See http://www.laushaus.com/tesla/secondary.htm

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA