[Home][2022 Index] [TCML] Re: Termination of secondary coil [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

On 5/18/22 4:44 PM, Gary Lau wrote:
> I took a different approach, soldering the wires to a brass press-fit
> 1/4-20 threaded insert in both top and bottom 1/2" thick disks.  I've done
> this on both pine and Lexan disks.  I think on the pine disks, I used epoxy
> as well as press-fit on the inserts.  The threaded inserts serve both as a
> mechanical and electrical attachment to the top-load and lower base
> assembly, and this way there are literally no loose ends.
>
> The inserts I used were found at work but are similar to
> https://www.ebay.com/itm/292166989534?epid=2242025731&hash=item44068276de:g:VV8AAOSwyXFatmrx
>
> See http://www.laushaus.com/tesla/secondary.htm
>
> Regards, Gary Lau
> MA, USA

You can get brass threaded couplings in a variety of sizes. Lamps, for
instance, use fine thread 3/8" I think.

And plumbing fittings galore in brass and copper. Although I've never
seen, for instance, a brass floor flange.