[Home][2022 Index] [TCML] Re: Termination of secondary coil [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

On 5/18/22 4:43 PM, Joshua Thomas wrote:
> Hello Mads,
>
> Thank you for reminding me of your site, I had used it before as a
> reference. I have been sticking to the â??rulesâ?? of not putting any holes in
> the secondary, but I see youâ??ve gotten away with it on occasion. I might
> try using a nylon bolt threaded from the inside to outside as a place to
> terminate the bottom of the coil.
>
> On that note, do you have any recommendations for adhesives for
> plastic-plastic (pvc) and metal-plastic bonding? The epoxy I used to hold a
> piece of copper to a pvc pipe was a complete failure.

Which side of the joint failed? The copper or the PVC? You have to be
scrupulously clean.

I use silicone sealer (like for tubs or aquariums) for a general purpose
"glue" - it sticks to most stuff pretty well. It's not good
structurally, but for something that's not seeing a lot of loads it
works ok - good epoxy joints are stronger than the material in some cases.