Re: [TCML] Magnifier topics

Finn wrote:
> To get into action mode, I propose the following.

I second the proposal.

We should be clear what is to be tested.  What is the
experiment intended to do?

Perhaps I can suggest the following...

a) Is the magnifier breakout performance better than a
   2-coil system?

b) If so, is that due to higher transfer efficiency, or
   is the peeky waveform of the magnifier better for
   developing streamers?

To answer these questions, the test system must be tunable
across a number of modes.  High modes at one extreme so that
the output envelope closely resembles a 2-coil waveform.
And at the other extreme, a low mode with rapid transfer
having a high peak/mean waveform.

This would require some thought - about how to distinguish
between efficiency effects and waveshape effects.

We should try to calculate what tuning range is available
from these coils.   Ideally the tuning should leave the
topload fixed so that the E-field into which the breakout
is occuring keeps the same shape.
--
Paul Nicholson