Re: [TCML] Magnifier topics

Paul, Antonio, all,

A closer look at IGBT`s revealed this little gem:
http://ixdev.ixys.com/DataSheet/DS99978C(IXGF30N400).pdf
Good for 350A pulsed within 1mS, we could probably take it to 1000A in 6.6s.
But why?
In a coil the size of Antonio´s, if the primary coil is only 4 turns, but same geometry for equal coupling, resulting in 5.5µH and a capacitor of 55nF the same primary frequency of around 288kHz would be achieved. With a voltage of 4kV, the primary current would land at 400A and it would process 220VA @500BPS.
We must be able to get something usefull out of a coil with these numbers.
Antonio:
Primary resonates by itself at 288ish frequency, but this value is not one of the 3 frequencies you mention for the coil. Why not?

Cheers, Finn Hammer