Re: Re: [TCML] Magnifier topics

Finn Hammer wrote:

In a coil the size of Antonio´s, if the primary coil is only 4 turns, but same geometry for equal coupling, resulting in 5.5µH and a capacitor of 55nF the same primary frequency of around 288kHz would be achieved.
Using the same values of my coil, but with 55 nF in the primary capacitor I get: 5.72 uH in the primary coil. The other elements are the same.
The resonance L1-C1 is at 284 kHz
C1=   55.0000000000 nF
L1=    5.7281890909 µH
C2=   79.6444444444 pF
L2=    3.9480000000 mH
C3=    9.8000000000 pF
L3=   28.2000000000 mH
k12=     0.3504383220
With a voltage of 4kV, the primary current would land at 400A and it would process 220VA @500BPS.
I get 497 A, and 375 kV at the output.
We must be able to get something usefull out of a coil with these numbers.
Surely. But you will need a larger topload to sustain this voltage without too early breakout.
Antonio:
Primary resonates by itself at 288ish frequency, but this value is not one of the 3 frequencies you mention for the coil. Why not?

The three frequencies are of the coupled system:
Resonance 1:   227.0617 kHz
Resonance 2:   302.7489 kHz
Resonance 3:   378.4361 kHz
The resonances of the isolated resonators are:
Resonance L1-C1:   283.5503 kHz
Resonance L2-C2:   283.8271 kHz
Resonance L3-C3:   302.7489 kHz
The similar resonances L1-C1 and L2-C2 are a coincidence for this particular mode (3:4:5).

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz