Re: [TCML] Lacquer

Polyurethane works, but it may crack.  I use 1-2 coats of Dolph's AC-43,
especially formulated for HV work, and then a thick coat of Envirotex
epoxy.  1 qt. is usually enough for most coils --- it gives them a
glass-like finish almost 3/8 to 1/2 inch deep.  This technique pioneered by
Steve Ward and Jeff Larson.  It was on the two coils they brought to our
Teslathon.  Very beautiful finish.

Orange shellac may also be used.  Without Envirotex, 5-6 coats sre required.

Dr. Resonance