[TCML] JAVATC & tuning

Hey guys - I just built a built a 6" secondary & installed on my 15/60 system (replaced the old 4" secondary).  I ran it on Sunday & like the way it's performed so far.  I've got the static gap set conservatively at 0.12", & will gradually open in up as I get more confident everything is in balance & working the way it should be...which brings me to my question.  JAVATC indicates optimal tuning at 17.3 primary turns.  I started there but didn't get any sparks at all.  Eventually after trial & error tuning I found the optimal primary tap point at 19.3 turns, 2 full turns more than JAVATC indicated.  The coil seemed to run smooth at 19.3 turns and I didn't detect problems to indicate the anything was significantly out of tune.

In the past, JAVATC has always proven to be right on the money or within a quarter turn of where I've found the actual tuning point.  So I'm thinking I'm doing something wrong here - 2 full turns seems like major difference.  I've gone back, checked  & confirmed all the inputs (physical dimensions & elevations) and I've run the program a few times always getting the same result - 17.3 turns.  It's really bugging me like something's just not right.  Any ideas on what else I might look to resolve the discrepancy?

Thanks for any ideas, Dennis Hopkinton MA