[Home][2021 Index] [TCML] Re: First coil - need some help [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Re: First coil - need some help

Hi Jan,

> Either the primary circuit is grossly out of tune with the secondary, or
there is a shorted turn in the secondary coil, removing the energy.

I am increasingly suspicious this is my problem. I am building a winding
jig based on a design I found, and have bought more form and magnet wire.
If the second coil doesn't work, it's either not the problem - or I'm so
terrible at this I should take up a different hobby!

> One good way of checking the resonance was suggested by Antonio M.
Querios, to feed a low frequency square wave,

A frequency generator seems to be in order for my Christmas wish-list...

Thanks,
Joshua Thomas