[Home][2021 Index] [TCML] Re: First coil - need some help [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

On 11/3/21 10:18 AM, Joshua Thomas wrote:
> Hello Jim,
>
> > This is why I like the configuration where the main gap is across the
> NST, and the primary and cap are in series across the gap.
>
> Are there other configurations? I thought the gap(s) in parallel to
> the NST with the primary and cap in series were the only
> configuration. Do people use the MMC in parallel with the NST and the
> gap in series?

If you look around long enough, you'll see every possible arrangement.
But yes, cap across NST and gap in series with primary is probably the
most popular "other" arrangement.  The argument is that the cap charges
to a higher voltage (well, yes, potentially cooking your transformer or
cap in the process).