[Home][2021 Index] [TCML] Re: First coil - need some help [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Re: First coil - need some help

Hello Alex,

Thank you for your reply.

I have an oscilloscope but not a signal generator (the pitfalls of being on
a tight budget!). If I can source a signal generator I will try your
technique to find resonant frequency; thank you for that.

I am somewhat surprised to read that the primary coil needs to be tuned
with with-in 1/4". The other sources I have been reading who have had
successful coils started out with a "guessed" turn to tap the primary coil
and then advanced or retarded the tap point by an entire turn of the coil,
which is far more than a 1/4". Others seemed to have generated sparks even
with a sub-optimal tap point, using the tuning to get optimal length.
Perhaps you could elaborate more on this?

Thank you very much,
Joshua Thomas