Toroid Recommendations?

Original poster: "Mark W. Stolz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mark_w_stolz-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hi All!

I'm working on my new coil and wanted to get some input regarding the
toroid.  Here's the specs:

Primary
19 turn 20 degree inverse cone
3/8" tubing, 3/8" turn to turn spacing.

Seconday
9" diameter 38" winding length 22 AWG single build

Tank
15/60 NST, 7 segment RQ/TCBOR fan cooled static gap, 20 nF MMC

I was think about using my existing 4" x 15.5" toroid from my previous coil,
except that ETesla 6 indicates a drop in the free space capacitance from
17.2 pF to 5.2 pF.  I'm now thinking more towards a 4" x 30".

What are your recommendations for minor/major diameters and why (i.e.
testing, taste, experience)?

Thanks in advance,

Mark Stolz
Houston, TX