Re: very confused coil results

Hi Chris,

I've been reading this thread off and on. Obviously, running in "total"
darkness is the best way to
identify problems (possibly with the bulb in place but covered somehow).
I've done this a number of
times for various reasons.

But, this sounds to me like the gap is being bypassed. If there is "any"
wood used at the primary form
or gap construction, I would "highly" suspect a carbon track has formed in
the primary, gap, or
associated construction. This would pass a continuous current through the
primary and induce current in
the secondary and bulb. This can usually be seen in total darkness, but if
not, inspect in detail any
part of the tank that could come in contact with any part of the
construction that might be capable of
carbon tracking.  You may not even have wood or a composite capable of
carbon tracking, but thought I
should mention it (just in case).

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Chris Swinson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <exxos-at-cps-games.co.uk>