Re: Drying tranny oil (idea)

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <BillEaver-at-aol-dot-com>

Just as a bulk process when working with wax that is often contaminated
with water, I siphon melted wax (harder than you think) from my steel pail,
then what is left and is known to have water in it I pour into a brass tapered
cone form and throw it in the freezer. I leave a wire ring in the wax so that I

can pull the wax out from the form, then its easy to break the ice from the
wax. In your case I would try to freeze the last four inches of each barrel,
while transferring to a clean 55 Gal drum, then freezing the small remnant
separately. Then while pouring the cold oil the ice would stay stuck at the
bottom of the small can. Oh, as a hint to find out if there IS water in wax or
oil it's easy. in a flat bottomed steel can I heat the lowest end of the can
with
my propane torch, if I hear the typical banging in the can (the water trying to
boil
under oil or melted wax) I then know there is water at the bottom of this can.
Hope this helps.
Denis Despins
KC6TRW