Re: are voltage data Was: ark voltage

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

> Question to List:
>
> In line with this thread, does anyone have data on "static" gap measured
> voltages including electrode size and gap
> spacing?
>
> I was running formula in the North Report and would like to compare. The
> change in arc voltage with gap spacing and
> electrode size "appears" about what one might expect, but no real way to
> verify without measurements. I'd like to see
> what data is out there, if any.

I assume you are looking for data other than spheres or needle gaps, for
which there is copious empirical data, reflected in all the "standard"
spark gap tables.

I have a paper here by D.B. Hopkins at LBL: "Design Considerations and Data
for Gas Insulated High Voltage Structures" (I have no idea what journal it
came from... It's just a photocopy), but it has a bunch of empirical data
plots for various electrode configurations: tubes crossing at a an angle,
bars over planes, etc.  Lots of references...I'll see if I can extract some
useful data.