Re: Coil ratio; width versus length.

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 4/4/02 10:48:12 AM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> A smaller aspect ratio might help, but I personally haven't gone beyond
> 4.8. JavaTC showed 36" for
> your coil. This is an optimum value. It also showed tuning at 12.6 turns.

Hi Bart, All,
         Does anyone know what is the criteria used to define optimum here?
What is being maximized relative to what?

Thanks,
Matt D.
G3-1085