Re: Where can I find...

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Steve Stuart by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sstuart-at-glasscity-dot-net>

> Not that long ago there were myriad teletype machines to be
> found. Fully mechanical, they depend on synchronous motor.
> They're 1800 RPM at 1/40th HP. I still see these beasts at
> hamfests for pennies as the seller is not usually interested in
> carting them back home with them. You will find a motor in each
> print or paper tape unit.
>
> Steve w8an-at-qsl-dot-net

	Right, if you can get by with a motor of that size.  I've given away a
couple of Model 26 machines to fellows wanting a sync motor.  [Machines
were too good to throw away, but took too much room.  Glad someone got
some use out of them.]  However, not quite all machines used a sync
motors.  Some very old ones used a governor motor, so look at the name
plate.

Ed
W6IZJ