From: Tesla List [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2000 9:34 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: PVC Wire for a secondary?

Original Poster: "D&M's High Voltage" <dmshv.davmckin-at-gte-dot-net>

David,

I've used 3 KV PVC insulated wire for a secondary for a big coil
that I built about 10 years ago.  It was a 20" dia. x 45" winding
length (about 50" for the overall form).  It was 14 Ga. stranded
and had a total of 262 turns.  This may break all the rules (very
high Q, few turns, high primary currents, and a 7/8" thick very
heavy secondary form that was PAINTED BLACK) but it
produced solid 12 foot sparks.  It had 5 acrylic disks down