Re: PVC Wire for a secondary?

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>

John,

Would you please explain the wire insulation requirements? How large is a large
coil?

Richard Hull used tightwound magnet wire on the secondary of his Nemesis coil
and it produced 16 foot arcs. My current magnifier extra coil uses #18 magnet
wire tightwound on a 15" diameter X 35" long form and will produce 14 foot
arcs. To my knowledge, Nemesis never experienced turn to turn insulation
failure and I know for a fact that my magnifier extra coil never has
experienced turn to turn insulation failure.

I have also used both PVC insulated wire and magnet wire on both small and
large coils, with a large number of turns and a small number of turns with no
turn to turn insulation breakdown, IF the systems were tuned properly, and I
never spacewind magnet wire!

Safe coiling,

Ed Wingate RATCB