[Home][2019 Index] Re: [TCML] Current Meter [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Current Meter

I tried early 20-25 years go with a standard 50-400 Hz CT (1000:1) in an
oil container feeding a burden resistor a fast diode bridge, cap and
divider network (crude peak detector).  It did sorta work and if you
calculate isec = Ipri * k was within 10% measured compared to predicted.  A
peak detector is much closer to reality then a rms one energy transfers
etc.  actually surprised it worked as well as it did, and everything is
COTS and relatively cheap.

Best Regards