[Home][2017 Index] Re: [TCML] Java TC VTTC design question [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Java TC VTTC design question

Hi Steve,

Javatc is meant for the basic 2 coil spark gap type coils. Although the LC calculations can of course be used for various coil types, when it comes to recommendations such as pri to sec proximity or even coupling, it's best to ignore and seek out advice. For example, with my own VTTC, Javatc recommended proximity was 1.42" and I used about 1". My coupling was also far above the recommendation at k of 0.375.

Now regarding the value of 0.126 spacing between turns on the primary, that is simply a calculation (not a recommendation). It's based on your primary height inputs, turns, and wire size.
Take care,
Bart