RE: [TCML] secondary coil form

> Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 03:29:20 -0800
> From: yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [TCML] secondary coil form
> To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
>
> C-900 pipe is pressure rated and NSF approved for drinking water use. No foam to worry about as it's pressure rated, but the microwave test will tell you if any of the materials used to make it blue are conductive. It's blue to meet the color standard for different types of utilities.
>
> As to the issue of dumpster diving, I work for a local government and we are forbidden to dumpster dive, but contractors are not. We can't use public funds to buy stuff, then decide we don't need it anymore and take it home. We can dispose of things in two ways, by auctioning it off, or by making a contractor dispose of it as a part of a construction project. The thought process being that if it has any value, the contractor will reflect that in their bids. I can't tell you how many times I've watched PLCs, VFDs, control panels, transformers, etc. go to the scrap yard, when I could have either asked for it for free, or at least paid the scrap value to the contractor. Since I administer the contracts, I don't even want the appearance of conflict of interest, so I tearfully watch them go away. A contractor is free to run their business as they see fit. Some will recycle all metals, while others might use the money for aluminum or copper to pay for a BBQ
>  lunch for their employees. Personally, I'd much rather see things that aren't recyclable such as PVC pipe, go to a good use, rather than the landfill.

That's right, C900 is pressure pipe usually used for water lines.  We also use it for force main sewers that are pressurized.  If I get any results which seem to indicate it is conductive, I will share this with the list to  help people avoid wasting money and effort to make coils out of it.

The system is set up to prevent corruption as much as possible by govt employees.  And it does work somewhat.  But there is still a prodigious amount of waste in govt contracting!  I always look for transformers or anything I can use on our projects.  I did get a free pole pig from an electrical sub, but it's only going to put out 8kV or so.  Really nice Jacob's Ladder supply...  I scored more than 120 fluorescent lights we replaced with LED units in a building.  Nice, efficient dual T8 fixtures.  They were destined for the landfill, but I said no!  So my field Supt took them and brought them to my house, and we split the profit selling them on Craigslist for $25.  Throwing usable materials away is more than stupid, it's criminal.