RE: [Bulk] RE: [TCML] Pictures of Tesla Magnifier

It's always good to be lucky. Me, I can tear up anything.

-----Original Message-----
From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Carl Noggle
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 8:44 AM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Bulk] RE: [TCML] Pictures of Tesla Magnifier

Hey---

Our first TC in high school used 18 one gallon mayonnaise jars coated
with al foil outside and salt water inside.  We later put foil inside.
Pretty cumbersone, but they looked cool and made a nice buzzing sound
and the corona around the edge of the foil was pretty.  They never
failed.  Now I use a 0.05 uF 50kV Maxwell that has given excellent
performance for 20 years with 3x 9/60 NSTs in parallel.  That gives a
p-p of 25kV.  Pretty conservative.

---Carl