[TCML] Displaying Tesla Coil in Shopping Mall

Hello Friends,

I hope 2012 is finding you well.

There is a Makers Fair in my town at the local mall and I have been asked to display my Tesla coil. Could you guys give me some guidelines and answer some questions about this project?

1) Are there some safety issues that I have to be concerned about? The coil uses 2 - 9000-volt neon sign transformers, pulls 540-watts and puts out about 30 streamers.

2) Right now I am using a ground rod underneath the coil for coil grounding. This will not be possible at the mall. Is there a recommended method for grounding my coil?

3) Last but not least, should I get some insurance and sign some kind of agreement with the mall owners?

Thanks a bunch. You guys helped me build this coil 5 - years ago. It has been running greatly without a hitch for the last 5 - years without any protection devices installed.

Best To All!!!

Jim