From: andrew <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, Apr 13, 2010 11:20 am
Subject: RE: [TCML] JAVATC & tuning

Hi

My first coil isn't finished yet, but I used the following method to

calculate the number of turns I had on my secondary. As I am using recycled

wire from the stator of an electronic washing machine, I had no wire data

other than direct measurement of the thickness of the wire by micrometer and

that was a bit dodgy. Instead I got an engineers' scale rule and laid it

against the secondary winding and took a photo with my digital camera. I

then put the image on my pc and zoomed it up and counted the number of turns

that coresponded to 10cm of the rule. That gave me the no of turns per cm

and based on the length of my coil, I calculated I had 999 turns. About

right!

Kiwi Newbie