RE: [TCML] How to use an arc welder as a ballast?

Gary , I think you are right. I had to add low voltage windings to a NST
core to get it to work as a ballast. The HV was shot and removed. I tried
the primary only in series , I had to add a low voltage winding and short it
out so the primary would pass a load to the transformer I was working with.
I am not smart enough to know why just that is how it worked for me.

Rich , Kd0zz

As an act of plagiarism . Disclaimer: Any errors in spelling or facts are
transmission errors.

Subject: RE: [TCML] How to use an arc welder as a ballast?

I have never attempted to use a pig nor looked into how to ballast one, so
take my comment with a grain of salt.  But I thought I recall that the LV
welding electrodes need to be shorted together?  Could be important...

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA