Re: [TCML] Secondary and Primary Assistance

Dolph's AC-43 is the best you can use.  It is especially formulated to use
in power transformer winding and has a high punture voltage.  Also excellent
anti-tracking properties which is good engineering practice for HV coils
operating at RF frequencies.  It is also excellent for sealing out any
moisture.

I usually gently heat the windings for 3 hrs with 3 heat lamps, and then
apply the varnish while the coil is still warm.  The gentle heat drives out
any moisture prior to winding.  Use a thermometer to set temp approx 150
degrees F. for 2-3 hrs.  Another good idea is to preheat the coilform for 30
minutes just prior to winding --- drives out a moisture.

I carry it in 5 gallon cans and can usually spare a quart if you need some.
Contact me off-list.

Dr. Resonance