[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Subject: Overheated Secondary

My trash pile was outdoors and it the vapor spread 10 ft in a matter of

Hey folks --- just don't do it.  The burns hurt way to much to tolerate.

Kerosine works vey well --- just use it with care also.

D.C. Cox

> Hi Dr,
> Yes, this is really the best advice as I have witnessed firsthand
> how devastating second and/or third degree burns over a signi-
> ficant percentage of a person's skin surface area can be. Six
> months of very painful recovery and therapy and permanently
> disfiguring scars, if you're fortunate enough to survive the ordeal,
> are no walk in the park! Once the surface are of serious burns
> begins to exceed 50% of the body's skin surface, the mortality
> rate really goes up. A pretty high price to pay indeed to save a few
> dollars. Like I said before, it's very difficult to predict where the gas
> vapor fumes might find an anonymous source of ignition, even
> if you call yourself "being careful". Unfortunately, I realize not
> everyone is going to heed this advice but I will say that if you
> must use gasoline as a solvent, do it in a well ventillated, like
> outdoors. Using any more than a few ounces at a time inside a
> closed room, as is often the case during the winter months, is
> courting disaster!
> David Rieben
>> The bottom line is NEVER EVER USE GASOLINE for any type of solvent work.
>> The few dollars you save per gallon will in no way equal the pain of the
>> slowly healing burns.  A burn lasts a long time and it's just simply not
>> worth the risk.
>> Dr. Resonance
> _______________________________________________
> Tesla mailing list
> Tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> http://www.pupman.com/mailman/listinfo/tesla

Dr. Resonance

Tesla mailing list