[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Subject: Overheated Secondary

Hi Dr,

Yes, this is really the best advice as I have witnessed firsthand
how devastating second and/or third degree burns over a signi-
ficant percentage of a person's skin surface area can be. Six months of very painful recovery and therapy and permanently disfiguring scars, if you're fortunate enough to survive the ordeal, are no walk in the park! Once the surface are of serious burns begins to exceed 50% of the body's skin surface, the mortality rate really goes up. A pretty high price to pay indeed to save a few dollars. Like I said before, it's very difficult to predict where the gas vapor fumes might find an anonymous source of ignition, even if you call yourself "being careful". Unfortunately, I realize not everyone is going to heed this advice but I will say that if you must use gasoline as a solvent, do it in a well ventillated, like outdoors. Using any more than a few ounces at a time inside a closed room, as is often the case during the winter months, is courting disaster!

David Rieben

The bottom line is NEVER EVER USE GASOLINE for any type of solvent work.

The few dollars you save per gallon will in no way equal the pain of the
slowly healing burns.  A burn lasts a long time and it's just simply not
worth the risk.


Dr. Resonance

Tesla mailing list