Re: question for coin shrinkers

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss@xxxxxxxxxx>

I've seen a chunk from Bert's shrinker. It was 3/8-1/2" thick angle that was bent outwards and had a copper sheen to it. I think it was a support or work coil holder. The inside looked similar to walls of a shaped charge hit. Building tanks with 1/2" may seem like "overkill", but at least you're not getting killed.

5000 fps?  Yipes!!!!  I think grenade fragments are slower!

David E Weiss

Original poster: "Anthony R. Mollner" <penny831@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Interesting. I have no experience at all with quarter shrinking but I have a
lot of experince with uhhh, exploding things. I can say that 1/2" steel
plate is complete over kill. The most important thing here is to have a vent
of some type for the expanding gasses to escape, other wise all you are
making is a larger "bomb" that had you detonated it in the open! The cabinet
should have an indirect vent that will allow the gases to vent but still
deflect any fragments.