Re: question for coin shrinkers

Original poster: Gomez Addams <gomezaddams@xxxxxxxxx>

On Dec 29, 2006, at 1:28 PM, Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Anthony,

*snip*

I currently use 1/4" steel lining inside 1/2" thick Lexan. With
replacement of the inner liners, this arrangement has withstood
6,000 shots at up to 6300 joules, and can be operated safely only
to ~8000 joules. Based on my observations, I believe that doubling
or tripling this energy level (as Bill wants to do) will require
using thicker material or much more frequent plate replacement.

I should add that while my pulser is _capable_ of 18kJ, I don't
expect to operate it at that high a charge when shrinking coins!

 - B(G)L

aibohpphobia: fear of palindromes
Aibophobia: fear of robotic dogs