Re: Wire length (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 19:14:58 -0700
From: resonance <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Wire length (fwd)

Inductance is good and it's usually excepted than max inductance occurs when
coil height/dia ratio is 0.9H .  This gives max inductance which provides
maximum potential from  Vsec = - L x dI/dt.  A very large, short, fat, coil.
One reason Tesla used a 52 ft. dia for his Col. Springs magnifier coil.

However, this is not the only consideration.  Build a coil this way and it
will always be arcing to the primary!

A 4.5 to 6.0 to 1.0 height/dia ratio almost always results in a very smooth
running coil.

Dr. Resonance