Re: Low-powered coil definition (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 19:05:12 -0700
From: resonance <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Low-powered coil definition (fwd)

It's not so much the coil's antenna effect that creates the problem.  The
radiation drops off rapidly and usually is not the problem.  The problem
usually occurs in power line distribution, or "kickback" effects.

If the signal is traveling thru a buildings main ground it travels adjacent
to both hot and neutral wires.  The ground, running RF currents thru it,
radiates a spurious signal into space which is picked up by the nearby hot
and neutral conductors.  They, in turn, transmit it all over the building
and even to neighboring buildings as these RF signals can capacitively
couple directly across transformer windings in distribution transformers.

It can be done, but one must proceed with caution and carefully check to be
sure you are not interferring with their pleasure time.  Zapped tvs, stereo,
and telecommunication equipment can produce a very nasty set of neighborhood
"bad bees" which may come after your coiling work.

It's a very "grey area" in the FCC, and usually ignored for "educational
content", but, if you stir up the local bees nest with a flagrant attitude
towards your hobby they can and will shut you down.  The FCC has the
authority to do it.  A former classmate of mine is an FCC engineer ---
that's how I know.

Throw a big BBQ, invite all the neighbors and s-l-o-w-l-y introduce them to
your hobby.  Make them think it's interesting.  Have their kids draw off
some sparks to a ground rod with a very low power coil.

Once they think you are "weird" the damage is nearly irreversible.

Dr. Resonance