Re: Wire length (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 21:50:27 -0600
From: Shaun Epp <scepp@xxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Wire length (fwd)

Jared,

The problem is not my understanding of the 'inductance for a solenoid
equation'!  I realize that that equation is only for a long selenoid.  The
problem is why do you still use "wirelength" in you equations when both of
us have shown that the coil geometry is the factor that determines
inductance?

Do you think that in your multi-wavelegth coils that you make that
wirelength is the determining factor for its resonant frequency?   The
coupling in your multi-wave must be very low as your solenoid gets longer,
it would be a waste of time making one that long...... what's the point?

Shaun