Re: Wire length (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 14:29:42 EST
From: Mddeming@xxxxxxx
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Wire length (fwd)

Hi Shaun, Jared, et.al.

    IIRC, back in Nov 2002, a paper was posted to the  list which showed that
for any given length of wire and turns/inch there is  a unique solenoid and a
unique flat spiral which give maximum inductance  for each configuration.
While it was an interesting mathematical  derivation, I'm not sure that anyone
ever found it practical for TC  building. If it's not there any longer, I'll be
happy to re-post it or send an  off-list copy on request.
    It is also possible to express power input of a  coil in "equivalent
standard cartloads of buffalo chips per fortnight" instead  of kilowatts, or the
surface area of memory chips can be expressed in nanoacres.  Again, interesting
exercises but it seems no one has recognized their great  theoretical value
yet. ;^)

Matt D.

In a message dated 12/12/06 10:15:32 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,