Re: Low-powered coil definition (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 12:08:15 EST
From: Mddeming@xxxxxxx
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Low-powered coil definition (fwd)

Hi Gary, Bart, Ed, All,

I guess I should have put a "smilie" at the end of my "definition"

> No one has EVER scoped or measured just what it
>is that we  suspect and fear would be contaminating our power lines.

I can understand why. If someone wipes out half the electronics  in their
house,
they are not likely to want to repeat it under measurement ;^)

> I think most of us have some opinion on this, but no one can defend  it
>beyond "This is what I do and I've not destroyed anything".

To this statement I would add the word YET!

    As an example of the problem with this type of  reasoning:
Assume that a lethal dose of a substance is that level at which there  is 50%
mortality rate. Then half of all the people given that dose could swear  that
in
THEIR personal experience, it is NOT a toxic substance.
This is akin to the "Joe Camel" argument.

>But in all seriousness, this is one area of coiling that is  seriously
>lacking any real data.

While it is true that all evidence is anecdotal at this point, I  believe
that
there IS a large enough body of such evidence (dead PCs, dead TVs,
dead alarm systems,etc.) to strongly recommend against this as an
 "approved method".

Matt D.

In a message dated 12/12/06 9:23:55 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,