Re: Thanks from Terry (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 20:51:21 +0100
From: Finn Hammer <f-h@xxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Thanks from Terry (fwd)

Terry wrote:

  Hopefully the new trigger will be able to fire to
> 100MVA and still be simpler than Finn's :-))

Well that should be easy. With just a SCR and a trigger transformer per
stage, take your pick!. :-)

At present, the OLBRISG coil is running V.2 SISG trigger board, and
producing 48 inches/120cm ground strikes with one single CM600 running
4kA peak. At these currents it gets tricky to measure stuff. There are a
couple of volts/centimeter, even in wide conductors.
I`m out of range on the scope with a Pearson 101 and 500A/division. Well
I guess I could halve the sensitivity by terminating to 50ohms. I think
the bricks are good for more current, they don`t get hot at all.

Cheers, Finn Hammer
Scopin` and hopin` in Denmark

Also working out the two MOT