RE: Capacitor needed

Hi Jack,

Strange to see the Soviet description; Nice stuff

-----Original Message-----
From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2006 2:58 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Capacitor needed

Original poster: "Jack" <Jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Gary and all,

The Russian cap is listed as

Soviet capacitors PKGT-I 15KV

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%
3AIT&viewitem=&item=170055836253&rd=1&rd=1

and my friend Frank Jones ( you may know him ) located them for me.

Not much description on this eBay listing but Frank feels they will
work for the Model T-Tesla coil when substituting the 3/30 NST for the
T-coil.

I would be interested in your thoughts.

Again, thanks for the helpful notes on capacitance. I am learning,
albeit slowly!

Best,

Jack
Hilo