From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2006 9:47 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: small 4KV transformer, anyone?

Original poster: "Mike" <mike.marcum@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

As they say the only stupid question is the one unasked, but I was
wondering what is the largest VDG that could be built and still be
considered safe (tho perhaps uncomfortable) to be hit by? I came
across 400kV 10uA ones when I was in high school. Is that the "safe"
limit (considerig alot of goofball kids around it)? Was thinking of
using 1 of those 30" steel ball lawn ornaments I have lying around to
make one whenever I can find some suitable 4-6" pullies (aluminum and
teflon hard to find), just don't wanna kill myself when I go to do
the hair-standing stunt.

Mike