To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2006 7:46 PM
Subject: Re: SISG - PIRANHA Tesla coil first light!

Original poster: "Mike" <mike.marcum@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I once got hit in the shoulder by a 15/120 powered coil a few years ago when I switched from 120 to a 240 bps and a better mmc and underestimated the length increase (~4 to almost 8 feet, with the spark going from thin and blue to alot thicker and white). Left a nasty scar at he strike point. My big toe where it exited to the deadman switch still feels funny (more like doesn't have much feeling). Contact was probably an eye blink long (thanks to the switch), but forget the skin effect (common belief of the time), I felt every beat of the spark gap and that hurt like heck.
Mike

(From Mike's subsequent post:)

<Original poster: "Mike" <mike.marcum@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"Was thinking of using 1 of those 30" steel ball lawn ornaments I have lying around to
make one whenever I can find some suitable 4-6" pullies (aluminum and
teflon hard to find), just don't wanna kill myself when I go to do
the hair-standing stunt."

Mike

Mike
 (snip)