Re: DARNIT!!! not again

Hi Andrew,

Well, it could be the transformer, but first, do a thorough visual inspection of everything. Check for carbon tracks (which can happen anywhere in the system) and for shorted turns on the secondary, etc.. Try a quick "test" in total darkness. See if you can pinpoint a light source to the problem. Otherwise, start checking components individually. You may want to start with the tranny.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: motosk8er2@xxxxxxx
Well i set up my new coil with a temporary primary just to test the secondary and it worked great, nice sized streamers. But then the rotary spark gap stopped arcing across and all i was left with was a rather loud buzzing noise. After a long inspection i found that where the screws for the capaciter terminal is the voltage jumped threw about 1/2 inch of wood and into my concrete basement floor making a neat squigle pattern burned onto the ground. I fixed that problem with some rubber feet to insulate the board from the ground, i then turned on the coil and worked fine for about 3 seconds then it died. When i turn it on it is just dead silent. Voltage is getting to the transformer but just not getting out. Would that be my transformer blown like i was thinking and if so does anyone know a good source for realy realy cheep nst's. im running a 15kv nst and im on a realy tight budget. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, andrew