To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2005 2:03 PM
Subject: Tesla Coil Experiments

Original poster: "GEORGE STEIN" <afa2fg@xxxxxxx>

Good morning,
Several years ago, I bought a 3 inch by 6 foot clear acrylic tube. I sealed one end with a flat piece of acrylic and put brass acorn nuts on both sides of the flat piece ( electrically connected). On the other end of this pipe, I put another piece of flat acrylic with a 1/4 inch I.D. copper pipe glued thru a hole in this piece. In other words, I can attach a vacuum pump to the copper pipe and evacuate the tube. I had spoken to someone about making a "lightning tube" using this tube, but have since lost the email. I seem to remember him telling me to evacuate the tube and then back fill with neon or other gas and seal the tube. When supported near my TC, it would supposedly conduct thru the gas and show "lightning". Am I on the right path??? Can someone steer me in the right direction on this project??? Maybe off-list since this might be a little off-topic ??? I'm just looking for some interesting things to do with my TC.

Thanx
George Stein
Bedford, Va.