Re: IGBT Types

Original poster: Jimmy Hynes <jphynes@xxxxxxxxx>

Hey,

My DRSSTC uses CM150DU-12H IGBTs. I've blown plenty, but I assure you it was because I do stupid stuff, not because I'm pushing them too hard. I got 5' with only one brick (halfbridge), and 97" with two. I have tested them up to 1700A, by running it with no secondary (time span of about 270us). It failed at 1700A, but only because the primary arced to itself, decreasing the inductance, and shorting ~8KV MMC into the bridge. I used 35v on the gate, because I wanted to be *really* sure they could take the high current.