Re: IGBT Types

Hi Malcolm,

I am using International Rectifier IRG4PF50WD IGBTs. I have a current limit adjustable from 0 to 500 amps. I have run these before in the OLTC days to 750 amps. I am driving the gates with about 25 volts to be real sure they are turned on hard. I run about 1500 watts. They have a 60C thermal switch that has never tripped. They are cheap and easy to get from DigiKey for about $8 each. All details are at:

http://drsstc.com/~terrell/

Cheers,

        Terry