Re: 1pF+220k....

Original poster: "Willem Bosma" <wbosma@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Terry, all,

Terry, you put: "for L between 0 and 30 inch: C(pF) = 1/15 * L" , otherwise C(pF) = 1/6 L" - 1/4(pF) ".
Perhaps you could reserve the first inch or so for corona-effects and also derive a lossy C-increase for that.
One of my teachers has said: " Everything that happens in nature may be expressed in powers of e."
Taking this, maybe a differential equation in which you could change empirical factors, could in the future also take care of the right dimensions.
I keep following the modelling excersises on this site with interest!
Regards, Willem Bosma

Tesla list wrote:

Hi All,

I now think our long time streamer load estimation of 1pF/foot + 220k ohms (series) for a streamer load we use in models should have the "1pF/foot" part replaced by:
snip
Cheers,

Terry