[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: More DRSSTC magnifier work
- To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: More DRSSTC magnifier work
- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 21:50:40 -0600
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- Old-return-path: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Resent-date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 22:54:05 -0600 (MDT)
- Resent-from: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Resent-message-id: <9tyW8.A.K_.sDGdCB@poodle>
- Resent-sender: tesla-request@xxxxxxxxxx
Original poster: Terry Fritz <teslalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
These two pictures say it all!!
Do you have any feel for if the magnifier works better than the
I have a magnifier too, minus the secondary that broke but will be fixed
shortly ;-)) also have to fix the weather here ;-P
Maybe I could make a toroid out of snow <:o)))
It will be interesting to see how it likes 6000 BPS >:)) but I fear that
the adding and subtracting ringdowns in a three coil system may not play
Much much to ponder...
At 09:18 PM 4/30/2005, you wrote:
Im happy to say that the magnifier 2, first light was quite a success.
I could produce 9 foot strikes from a 21" tall resonator. I have
several modifications to make already! I wound my secondary to 19"
length, though originally intending for a 17" winding. I figured i
could pull the wire off later if it was too much, and indeed it is, i
will be removing 1-2" of winding from the bottom of the coil. The
coupling is also much too high, so hopefully the removal of those
lower turns will help with that.
I had to add a toroid to the base of the resonator to keep corona from
forming across the coil! The corona really looked lovely, but i was
quite afraid of the coil shorting itself out. Adding a small toroid
to the base fixed the problem completely, allowing the 9' sparks.
Anyway, all the information (and pictures!) are on the webpage for the coil: