[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: More DRSSTC magnifier work
- To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: More DRSSTC magnifier work
- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 21:32:56 -0600
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Old-return-path: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Resent-date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 22:36:41 -0600 (MDT)
- Resent-from: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Resent-message-id: <CYaRj.A.3iD.XzFdCB@poodle>
- Resent-sender: tesla-request@xxxxxxxxxx
Original poster: Steve Ward <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>
Im happy to say that the magnifier 2, first light was quite a success.
I could produce 9 foot strikes from a 21" tall resonator. I have
several modifications to make already! I wound my secondary to 19"
length, though originally intending for a 17" winding. I figured i
could pull the wire off later if it was too much, and indeed it is, i
will be removing 1-2" of winding from the bottom of the coil. The
coupling is also much too high, so hopefully the removal of those
lower turns will help with that.
I had to add a toroid to the base of the resonator to keep corona from
forming across the coil! The corona really looked lovely, but i was
quite afraid of the coil shorting itself out. Adding a small toroid
to the base fixed the problem completely, allowing the 9' sparks.
Anyway, all the information (and pictures!) are on the webpage for the coil: