Re: Coil Winder -- New Coil :^)

Original poster: Sparktron01@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Steve

 Original poster: Steve Ward <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>

> Dave,
>
> Just one suggestion, for your next victim, i would suggest using 28awg
> instead of 24awg.  You really want the lower Fr in all cases (DRSSTC,
> OLTC).

I'm wrong on coil form size and will advise tomorrow, just locked up lab.
BUT, I believe the coil form is 8.375" x 18" to 20". You are absolutely correct
about minimum Fo, IGBT's don't like switching kA at 200-300kHz, FET's don't
either... :^) If fact was dragging down a roll of #24 (hope to use 2 layers)
for this coil this evening...

Also have to wind a new 4.5 x 18" x 28. Lots of projects that were on hold
I can work on between yard work and vacations now that winder is operational. Going to use laptop and modify mini-PLC controller to improve traverse operation at high speed (help stop the "falling behind" syndrome).
Also going to trial ballon a multi-layer "pi wound" air core resonant choke for
possible OLTC use.

Best Regards
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR/HEAS
Chesterfield, VA. USA