3 Gange PowerStat 146U-3 Variac Problem :-(

Hi All,

I have a big 3 section Powerstat 146U-3 that has never been used. It is 0-280VAC at 30Amps per section.

It would be nice to break it down into three separate variacs. However, the shafts have what seems to be a pressed on insulator (red circle):

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/PowerStat-146U-01.JPG

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/PowerStat-146U-02.JPG

I cannot take it apart as needed with these pressed on parts :-(((

There is not enough shaft between the sections to think about sawing it.

I just wanted to check for any obvious solutions you all might know. Otherwise, off to E-bay man (as a full unit) it will go...

I also have a 240VAC 15A 3 section Powerstat unit that looks like it has the same dumb problem :-p

Cheers,

	Terry