Re: tubecoil

Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 4/16/05 7:39:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

There is a great increase of interest in SSTC but the old and rugged and
spectacular tubecoils are forgotten? I have recorded  225 messages in
1998, 231 in 1999, 396 in 2000, 509 in 2001, 418 in 2002, 548 in 2004,
and now only 2 in 2005 for me that built some sstc, there are nothing so
warm and hissing as a VTTC.

Vladi

Vladi,

The tube coils are not forgotten but the SSTC's can provide
important research capabilities.  Interesting about the number of
VTTC postings.  I'm presently building a new VTTC, but I've been
busy with other things so progress is slow.  There does seem to
be "trends" that occur with some regularity though.  For instance
there was the SRSG trend, the STSG trend, the vortex gap trend,
mini-coil trend, the staccato trend, the high break-rate trend, the
low-breakrate trend, etc., over the years.  There are also folks on the
list who build various Tesla coil projects but never post about them.

Cheers,
John Freau